Under the supervision of the Dean of Skilled Trades and Engineering, the parts room assistant works in conjunction with the Automation Engineering Technology program and is responsible for maintaining and operating the electronics supply center, distributing parts, performing equipment tests and repairs, demonstrating equipment, and preparing necessary reports and related materials.
- Distribute and maintain parts for students and staff.
- Maintain stock of components and equipment for electronic related courses at all campuses.
- Test and repair equipment.
- Prepare end-of-month reports for departmental transfer of budget.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment.
- Contact manufacturers and distributors of parts and equipment to request donations and process paperwork.
- Assist in set-up and maintenance of budget requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronics, electronic parts, and electronic testing equipment and direct inventory maintenance principles.
- Ability to stock shelves and maneuver heavy objects.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.