The Graphics Specialist performs advanced-level written and creative design services for the College. As a member of the Marketing, Communications & Recruitment department, this position contributes to the goal of enhancing the College’s image and creating a positive environment to attract students, inspire community outreach, and expand the College’s services to the public. Under supervision of the Marketing Manager, the Graphics Specialist is responsible for creating illustrations, designs, and marketing content for all College materials.
- Create high-quality graphics and marketing content that accurately informs, entertains, and engages the audience, both internally and externally.
- Develop, design, and illustrate graphics, along with content, that will enhance the visual image of the College.
- Create high-end images and design files to be used across a wide variety of mediums and platforms such as web, print, social media, and video.
- Work with internal customers to assess, advise, and complete graphic design projects within deadlines.
- Maintain, update, and implement College Branding and Style Guide.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of current graphic design trends and marketing content writing techniques used in the field of advertising.
- Ability to write creative, engaging, succinct, fact-filled marketing content and incorporate into design materials.
- Strong communications skills to gather all content necessary for project completion.
- Creative and motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to work well in a team of creative individuals, as well as the ability to work independently, to meet department goals.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Advanced skills and expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Note: To be considered for this position, you are asked to include samples of your graphic design and marketing content work as a part of your application documents. Please upload these samples in the ‘Application Documents’ section of your profile under ‘Certifications and/or Additional Attachments’.